Another one of those things on your ‘to do’ list is no doubt wedding favours.
There are a multitude of things out there from the traditional to the quirky. Today’s blog introduces some of the old and new out there on the market just now.
- Personalised sweets – check out www.lovehearts.com or www.mymms.co.uk for funky sweets you can put your name or photograph on
- Cake in a jar – www.cakeinajar.co.uk exactly what it says – the jars and even the cake can carry your own special message
- Wedding favour coins – commission your own bespoke coin to give to your guests. www.weddingfavourcoins.co.uk allows you to choose a coin and then add your own touch, picture or message to make it yours. Something your guests can treasure for years to come.
- Make a Big-Day Donation to a charity of your choice. You can choose one or several charities to make a donation to on behalf of your guests. This is a very special and personal gift to give and a lovely way to share your day with those that need it the most.
- Your own chocolate bar – choose from many designs at www.wrapperstar.co.uk and have a bar that not only matches your colour scheme but could also double as your place name.
- Miss out the favours on the table and go with a sweetie buffet but get some personalised bags to add your own touch. Whether you have kids at your wedding or not the ‘big kids’ will love it just the same.
A little bit of Favour history….. Wedding favours have been around for centuries. They started with sugared almonds in Italy. They were given to guests to say thank you for coming to the wedding and as a symbol of good luck. They traditionally have five sugared almonds. Each delicious almond represents something different. People are always confused to what they are. So let’s set things straight from here. The five things are Health, Wealth, Happiness, Fertility and Longevity. The number of almonds, five, also has a significance. Five is an odd number and cannot be split, hopefully, like the married couple.
Speak to your wedding co-ordinator as they will always have some good ideas you haven’t thought of!