Lots of Brides have a dream of a White Wedding. Whilst there is no guarantee of this outside there are several things you can do to ensure it all goes smoothly inside.
Winter weddings bring with them their own challenges – not just from the weather!
Here are a few tips to help you create the winter wonderland you dream of whilst ensuring you have covered all the bases in advance:
1. Take out wedding insurance and make sure it covers cancellation due to adverse weather conditions. Not all policies include this.
2. Don’t hope for a beautiful sunny day in November! Expect rain and then celebrate the sun if it makes an appearance, and remember, even summer weddings get rain.
3. Make sure you have a wrap or shrug to keep you warm if you are lucky enough to manage some outdoor photos no one wants to look like they are freezing to death.
4. Don’t be frightened to have the right footwear – there are some funky bridal wellies (or weddingtons as they are known) out there now. Whilst no one expects you to wear them all day they would certainly be a talking point and your feet will stay lovely and dry.
5. Make a feature of the early sunset and use fairy lights, candles and other lighting effects to create a lovely warm feel to your reception.
6. A candle light wedding ceremony can be very romantic, the soft glow of candles illuminating the church as you make your way down the isle. It can also create some beautiful photo opportunities.
A winter wedding can be every bit as wonderful as a summer one as long as you are prepared.