So Valentine’s Day has passed and with the romantic engagements now comes the lovely glossy magazines with all things Wedding related to inspire you for your big day. If you have recently got engaged and looking for trends for the year ahead, then we’ve compiled the top 10 key trends for 2014/15.
1. Vintage – it’s still with us and if anything it’s filtering through to all aspects of a Wedding from flowers to stationery and even entertainment
2. Steampunk – coming to us from the US and Austrailia is this fusion of Victorian Art and fashion with science fiction. Think corsets, top hats, steam engines and Alice in Wonderland. Sound bizarre, this Wedding executed the theme perfectly!
3. Flowers – not just on the tables and in the Church but think encorporated into a hairstyle, on the dress and as accessories. The trend is becoming more wild and natural and we love the bohemian romantic look.
4. Doughnuts – not just for Homer Simpson! According to the Scottish Wedding Directory, cupcakes are being replaced with beautifully decorated doughnuts in a variety of indulgent flavours.
5.Hitch up that hem – Keira Knightly’s 1950’s inspired dress split opinion here in the office but if you can carry it off, it really is chic and different.
6. Homemade favours – get everyone involved in making something personal and original. Handpacked sweets chosen by the bride and groom go down a treat.
7. Art deco rings – we’ve previously seen the return of the coloured stones in homage to Kate Middleton’s rock however more ornate metals and jewels are returning with intricate detail.
8. Metallic – accessories and even cakes. We’ve seen some gorgeous metallic icing online
9. Photobooths – ‘staged photography’ is becoming quickly overtaken by themed booths and instant snaps. Why not collect your favourite memories in a homemade scrapbook.
10. Return of the black tie – very dapper for the gents and taking inspiration from Downton Abbey. You simply can’t go wrong gentlemen.
If we can help you execute any of the above, then contact your Fairy Godmother who will be delighted to assist.