Fairy Godmother’s Top 5 Tips
1. Remember to eat something – you will be so engrossed in hair, make up and getting ready that eating will be the last thing on your mind. Stress affects people in different ways but don’t let your blood sugar levels drop as you wont enjoy yourself.
2. Pack a bag to take to your reception venue. You should include things like – an extra pair of tights or stockings, make up for touch ups, a pair of flip flops for later when your feet are killing you, a needle and thread for any emergencies, some baby wipes for freshening up and any other little things you may need. You might want to pop in some straighteners and hairspray for the mums when they remove their hats. No one wants hat hair! Ask one of your wedding party to drop it off to the venue and you will have everything you may need to hand.
3. Take 15 mins out of the day perhaps after the meal to spend with your new husband! The day will be so full with speaking to other people that getting time together will be near impossible. Just grab a little bit of time to reflect on the day so far and to ensure you are both having a good time.
4. Ask the venue to put your bouquets in water (if they are hand ties) this will keep them fresh and ensure that when you collect them the next day they are still looking lovely
5. Most importantly relax! If you have forgotten anything or little things go wrong – there is nothing you can do to fix them now so let your wedding planner handle them and enjoy yourself. All that planning and stress has come together and you can rest assured that the little things you are worrying about have no effect on your guests at all. As long as there is food and drink as party shall be had!