Budget Saving Tips for Your Wedding
With the average cost of a Scottish wedding between £18000 and £25000 it is no wonder that lots of you are looking for ways to save on your wedding planning. Sometimes the simplest weddings can be the prettiest. If you are planning your wedding but have a budget to stick to or wish to keep costs to a minimum then there are lots of ways to go about cutting costs but not missing out on the nice things.
Here are a few tips to help you save some pennies:
- Create a spreadsheet with your ideal budget on it. List each and every thing you will need from underwear to honeymoon and fix a realistic cost beside it that you want to achieve. This will give you a target to beat.
- Keep an eye on the internet for wedding suppliers that have offers on. Even saving 10% on something will make a difference. Possibly even letting you upgrade your choice for the same money you budgeted for
- Have an open discussion with your partner and decide what things are important to each other and you may discover that there are something’s that neither of you are fussed on having allowing you to score them off the list!
- Look out for venues with packages on offer. They are usually really good value for money and include lots of the important things at one price. Our 2015 wedding package offer for example includes décor which can be one of the biggest costs.
- Favours – decide if they are important to you or not and if they are then look at a cost saving option. Ask a family member to make you tablet or shortbread or make a donation to charity on your guests behalf and pop a card on the tables to tell them which charity benefited.
- Pick a different day of the week – a very simple thing but can save you thousands of pounds. If you choose a Sunday or a weekday many venues have reduced prices.
- Shop around – look at different suppliers for each option and get quotes. This will help you to know what the average prices are and look for testimonials from other clients before you book. They are the ones who will truthfully comment on quality and service.
- Second hand dresses or hire dresses can sometimes offer you the opportunity to upgrade your choice and keep the value/cost down. Who needs a £2000 dress in a box in the attic anyway! You will wear it once and it can be the biggest cost of the day. The men usually hire their outfits so why not you and your girls too? Preloved and Sellmyweddingdress both offer lots of different ideas for dresses.
- Why not look into your friends hidden talents – do you have a singing cousin or a cake making best friend? All the savings you make by asking friends and family will make a big difference and I am sure they will be honoured to help you and be part of your day.
Feel free to share your tips and experiences with us.